Complete The Design Steps of The Standard Crate Mould
1. Accept the task
(1) The formal drawing of the crate mould after being audited and signed and the brand and transparency of the plastic shall be indicated.
(2) Specifications or technical requirements for plastic parts.
(3) Production output.
(4) Samples of plastic parts.
Usually, the task of designing the Crate Mould(FURNITUREMOULD) is put forward by the craftsman according to the task book of forming plastic parts, and the mould designer designs the mould according to the task book of forming plastic parts and the task book of mould design.
2. Collect, analyze and digest the original data
Collect and sort out the data on the design, moulding process, moulding equipment, mechanical processing and special processing for use in the design of crate mould.
(1) digest the drawing of plastic parts, understand the purpose of the parts, and analyze the technical requirements such as manufacturability and dimensional accuracy of plastic parts. For example, what are the requirements of plastic parts in terms of appearance shape, color transparency and service performance, whether the geometric structure, inclination and insert of the plastic parts are reasonable, the allowable degree of forming defects such as weld marks and shrinkage cavities, and whether there is post-processing such as coating, electroplating, glueing, drilling, etc. Select the dimension with the highest dimensional accuracy of plastic parts for analysis to see if the estimated forming tolerance is lower than that of plastic parts and whether the plastic parts can be formed to meet the requirements. In addition, it is necessary to know the plasticizing and moulding process parameters of plastics.
(2) Digesting process data, analyzing whether the requirements of moulding method, equipment type, material specification, crate mould structure type and the like proposed in the process specification are appropriate and can be implemented.
The moulding materials shall meet the strength requirements of plastic parts and have good fluidity, uniformity, isotropy and thermal stability. According to the application of plastic parts, the moulding materials shall meet the requirements of dyeing and metal plating conditions, decoration performance, necessary elasticity and plasticity, transparency or opposite reflection performance, adhesiveness or weldability, etc.
(3) Determining a moulding method
Is it direct compression, casting or injection?
(4) Selecting moulding equipment
According to the type of moulding equipment to choose the crate mould, so we must be familiar with the performance, specifications and characteristics of various moulding equipment. For example, for injection machines, the following contents should be understood in terms of specifications: injection capacity, mould clamping pressure, injection pressure, mould installation size, ejection device and size, nozzle hole diameter and nozzle spherical radius, gate sleeve positioning ring size, mould maximum thickness and minimum thickness, mould stroke, etc. See relevant parameters for details. The overall dimensions of the mould should be preliminarily estimated to determine whether the mould can be installed and used on the selected injection machine.
(5) Specific structural scheme
The choice of an ideal crate mould structure lies in determining the necessary forming equipment and the ideal number of cavities, which can make the crate mould itself meet the requirements of technological technology and economic production of the plastic parts under absolutely reliable conditions. The technological requirements for plastic parts are to ensure the geometric shape, surface finish and dimensional accuracy of plastic parts. The economic requirements of production are to make the cost of plastic parts low, the production efficiency high, the crate mould can work continuously, the service life is long, and the labour force is saved.
If you are interested in our products, you can click Household Product Mould to learn more information.